Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory (HPL), Ghaziabad was established in 1975, as a National Laboratory for the purpose of laying down standards and testing for identity, purity and quality of Homoeopathic Medicines. The laboratory also functions as Central Drug Laboratory for the testing of Homoeopathic Medicines under Rule 3A of the Drug and Cosmetics Act. The Department of Science and Technology has recognized HPL as a Scientific and Technological Institute.
The main objectives and activities of Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Laboratory are as follows:
- Laying down standards for Homoeopathic Drugs in India.
- Publication of Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India.
- Testing of samples of Homoeopathic Drugs, referred by Drug Control Authorities, Port Authorities, Central Government, State Government etc. for identity and quality under different provisions of Drug and Cosmetic Act and Rules.
- Impart orientation training in methods of standardization, identification and testing of Homoeopathic Drugs and application of various provisions of Drug & Cosmetics Act to all India State/Central Government Drug Authorities, Drug Inspectors and Drug Analyst Pharmacists, faculty of Homoeopathic colleges etc.
- Facilitates exposure visits of the laboratory to the students of Homoeopathic Medical Colleges to familiarize the working of the laboratory.
- Maintaining medicinal plants garden with preference to plants used in Homoeopathy along with cultivation and identification of medicinal plants.
- Survey and collection of Medicinal Plants.
VISION, MISSION & KEY OBJECTIVES
WORK ALLOCATION OF EMPLOYEES
LIST OF EMPLOYEES WITH GROSS MONTHLY REMUNERATION
ANNUAL REPORT (January 2019 to December 2020)
DETAILS OF PARLIAMENT QUESTIONS ASKED AND REPLIES GIVEN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)